I've come to enjoy my 20km round trip commute to work in Burlington from Hamilton. Here are 5 reasons why I like the commute along as it is not snowing.
- Four days of the week I am able to leave the 02 Odyssey Minivan at home and ride on two wheels. On Wednesdays I have to run errands on the way home.
- The first 6km of my ride involves interacting with only 1 or 2 cars.
- I can burn a bunch of calories.
- It's a way of dealing with any stress. As a result, I am generally relaxed by the time I get home.
- I'm able to work a whole other set of muscles than my 12-15km of walking I do with Canada Post.
As soon as the snow flies, this will all change.
Do you enjoy commuting? If you take public transit, how do you use your time?